Monday, November 11, 2013

Call to Adoption

   I am only 19, I fully understand that but I've always been a dreamer. I know what I want out of life and adoption is one of them. Adoption has always been on my mind. When I was younger and unstatisified by the number of siblings God blessed my family with. I use to create these elborate stories which often began with 5 siblings being left on my family's porch and my family would adopt them. My family came close to adoption once when I was 9-12 years old. I played softball and my dad was my coach. We had a girl on our team named Marie. She was a foster child and half way through the season her foster mother upped and left her. My family began researching foster care and eventually decided that it was not for us.
  The summer before my senior year in high school I headed to Africa. The joke before going was my best friend at the time and I wanted to go to Africa to hold little African babies.
I got to do that. While there we visited an orphanage in Karima, Kenya. This only increased the need to adopt; however, life got in the way and I soon forgot about anything regarding parentless children. About two weeks ago in my communications class, my professor showed us this video: 



 



I texted my mom and told her that my need to adopt was back and it was going to happen. It was also cool when my church announced that following Sunday that they were dedicated to helping orphans across the world. They hoped to soon give half of the money they get from tithing to orphanages around the world. Then the other day though I stumbled across this video: This Couple Was Ruined... In The best Way possible. I realized something very special this call on my life wasn't just a call because I love children but it was a very real example of what God does for us. I heard somewhere adoption described as salvation like this: a child is in a less than ideal situation and someone pays an unbelievable price to bring them into their family, God gave his son to pay an unbelievable price to bring us into His family out of our horrible sinful lives.

I don't know when or how adoption will happen but until then I am trusting God to work in my life.


Later,
Amanda Larson







No comments:

Post a Comment