Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sarcastically Single

So I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, like usual, and came across this article by Jarrid Wilson. The dude is an awesome Christian blogger who often hits exactly what I want to say on the head.

So the article was called 10 Things Single People Are Sick of Hearing. Okay, interest peeked for several reason one being I am single and two being that I love to just know that I am not the last person on the Earth who hasn't found someone to hitch myself to on this amazing journey called life.

As I read through the article I found myself doing what I often do best: Making sarcastic remarks about it in my head. Mainly I was picturing the people in my life who would say these sort of things and how I would answer them if I honestly could.

So I thought I'd share.

Question 1: Why are you still single?”
      Well this is a very good question, maybe it's because of my dad and his gun collection.

Question 2: Just pray about it.”
     WOW! I didn't think of that, thank you for opening the Pandora's box on relationships. I knew I was forgetting something.

Question 3: Are you dating anyone yet?”
     Probably not. I have a weird addiction to nutella and my bed.

Question 4: When is the last time you went on a date?”
     Well... ummm... that didn't end well so let's not

Question 5: Maybe you’re just being too picky.”
     Really? It is called having standards. Look at where not being picky has gotten many American girls these days, have you seen 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom or any other MTV reality TV show??

Question 6: When are you going to get married?”
     Next month, didn't you get your invite? It must have gotten lost in transportation LIKE MY HUSBAND!

Question 7: Hurry up! I want some grandchildren.”
     They are called arranged marriages, if you want grandchildren so bad, put in some sweat equity.

Question 8: I have this friend…”
     Wow I am glad you have friendships, because if you try to set me up chances are you'll lose mine.

Question 9: “He/She will come when the time is right.”
     I totally forgot that God's timing was perfect, thanks for reminding me. I was starting to get a little worried that God was late.

Question 10: Maybe you’re just called to be single.”
     I sure hope not because God has also put the calling on my life to adopt and be a wife and mother all of which generally need a spouse...




 With all joking aside though I have learned to be content in my singlehood. Right now God is molding the man of my dreams into the man I am suppose to marry and at the perfect time God will colloid our lives to where we will wonder how we ever spent them a part. Until then I am doing things to grow myself in my walk with Christ. I am becoming the godly woman that God wants me to be in my marriage and my own life. I am taking this time to do things that I may or may not be able to do with a boyfriend or a husband. I am taking time to figure out what I did wrong in my last relationship and how I can do it better in my next relationship. I'm not bitter about my place in life for my place in life is where God wants me to be. His plans are divine my plans are weak. I also feel as if God is making sure that my husband has enough time to grow a killer beard.



Peace and Blessings,

Amanda

***Feel free to share or comment***

P.S If you want to check out Jarrid's blog you can look at it here: 10 Things Single People Are Sick of Hearing














 

No comments:

Post a Comment