Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Jordan


I figured a post this big didn’t deserve some rinky dink facebook status or instagram post, no this post deserved a freaking blog post. I don’t remember this day 13 years ago, but I do remember quite a lot of days afterwards. On this day the colts would lose to the dolphins, Nebraska would win the Alamo bowl over Northeastern, 22 were killed in the Rizal Day bombing in the Philippines and it was a Saturday. More importantly this day was one of the most exciting days for me, on this day Jordan Noel O’Leary came into the world. If you aren’t aware Jordan is my best friend who just happens to be 13 and my cousin. If you haven’t had the privilege of meeting her let me tell you a little bit about her. 


Jordan turns 13 today. Her favorite color is Tiffany Blue and she plays various sports like volleyball and softball. If it’s monogramed she will generally love it and she is a real girly girl. She is an incredible singer. She has been to the Dominican Republic for a mission trip. She is incredibly kind, gentle, and giggles a lot. We spend lots of time just talking and walking around her neighborhood. I share all my secrets with her.

We I was younger, Jordan is what I waited for especially after I got my brother. I use to call my aunt and ask “Did you have my cousin yet?” when that question started she wasn’t even married nor pregnant. Finally though I got my wish. As she gets older, I get more and more proud to be cousin and I cannot imagine the greatness God has planned for her.

My wish for her is that in her teen years she doesn’t forget who holds her heart and life in His hands. I pray that she upholds her relationship with CHRIST and her character above all. I pray that she follows the path God has laid out for her rather than following the crowd. I hope she understands that I am forever here for her no matter what. I pray that she has a glorious 13th birthday and passage into teenhood.

Happy Birthday
Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment