Saturday, February 22, 2014

Education

Honestly, the thing that has been a constant irratation of me this week is the lack of education amongst people.

It all started with my American History professor this week when he went on SEVERAL rants about Christianity and all of which had false pretenses.

Then today I was reading a status where a kid I know said 
1. We should have a Revolution
2. We should have a Revolution every 10 years 
3. He believes in make love not war. 
***Faceplant***
It made me think of something my dad has always told me. Educate yourself. 

Now it's true a lot of my political views align with that of my father's but honestly I have always educated myself. Especially now. 

However, this seems to be rather uncommon for those around me and it made me want to rant. So enjoy.

Honestly, you want to know why our country has gone down in flames? It starts with the lack of History.

Sadly, if most people would take the time and truly educate themselves, not being spoon fed by others, but truly educated themselves on the history of America and the World, you would learn from the mistakes of those before us. BUUTTT NOOOOOO! People don't want to live in the past!

Guess what y'all you are.

 By perpetually ignoring our history you are perpetually making the same mistakes that others made before.

Heck, let's just removed historical education and just leave it at education.

By not educating one's self they are literally expecting to be given the information correctly.

Don't expect Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Matt Lauer whomever to give you honest information, because they won't.

Don't simply rely on educators to unbiasedly give you information because most of the time they won't, instead read, educate yourself.

Read liberal news and conservative news. Read radical blogs and cookiecutter blogs.Watch documentaries.

Learn the difference between each of the biased views, because trust me each view is biased.

Not to toot my own horn but often times people are blown away when I tell them GPA speaking in high school I was a B average student.

I'm just not book smart.

But then again other than a degree what is being taught and regurgitating information gonna do for me if I can't form my own ideas and my own opinions.

A majority of Americans are plagiarizers and they don't even know it.

Politically this runs on both sides of the asisle.

They take others' argument and make them their owns. 

I love to argue with people and you generally see this happen.

I can actually give you the stance on many arguements:
Abortion :
Conservative- It's murder; thou shall not murder,
You're going to Hell.
Liberal- It's just a clump of cells, it's a woman's right

Gay Rights: 
Conservative- It's a sin
It's gross didn't you read Leviticus?
Liberal- You don't choose to love who you love
I will not eat at Chick-fil-A or shop at Hobby Lobby

Guns: 
Conservatives: Guns don't kill people, people kill people
It's my constitutional right  
Liberals: Guns cause violence 

The list goes on.

Both sides think they are right. 

Both sides will resort to name calling and hatred if argued with. 

Sadly, this resorts from a lack of education on their part. 

I love arguing with people whose views don't fall on the same lines as the cookie cutter views.

See the truth is if BOTH sides of the aisle took the time to educate themselves they would know that on average women find out they are pregnant week 4-7 and on week 5 the baby's spinal cord, heart and other organs begin to form. Oh and every human till they die are a clump of cells. They would also know that instead of bullying women who have had an abortion we should love them and care for them because it generally isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling when you get an abortion. 

If BOTH sides of the aisle took the time to educate themselves they would know that yes homosexuality is a sin but so is adultery, divorce, gossip, lying, cursing, sex before marriage, lust, hatred etc. They would also know that though being gay isn't something you are born with it can be something you feel is out of your control due to rape, fatherlessness, etc. They would also know that hating those who are gay is just as much a sin as those who are actually gay. They would also know that just because we don't believe in it that we are afraid, hating etc. against gays, we just don't believe in it. Also they would know that as CHRISTIANS we aren't PERFECT we need just as much GRACE as you so please forgive us when we show that we are actually HUMAN and not GOD.

If BOTH sides of the aisle took the time to educate themselves they would know that Heart Disease causes 597,689 deaths a year yet you don't see anybody moving to abolish things that contribute to it like fatty foods, ALCOHOL, processed foods etc. Annually 42,000 people die in motor vehicle accidence. Yet, it is projected an average American will spend $22,000 on gas in their lifetime to fuel the on average $30k car they bought. On average there was 11,078 deaths caused by firearm homicide. Only 3.6 people out of 100,000 people would die as a result of firearm deaths. 

So with all that being said. Educate yourself. Don't take the word of a faulty human as cold hard facts because trust me reporters, politicians and humans have been know to lie. 


Until next time, 

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment